The Cape Eleuthera Foundation seeks an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual to join its communications and marketing team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience building communications and marketing materials in the non-profit context. This individual will work with all facets of the organization to promote our facilities and programs and share our work and ideologies with our alumni base, the scientific community, and the wider world. The successful candidate will build strong relationships by exercising outstanding design skills and tailoring the medium and message to the sophisticated and discriminating audience. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position at the Lawrenceville Office, reporting directly to the Director of Communications and the Director of Development.
- Prepares graphic files for publication
- Seeks and obtains bids from printers and mailing houses
- Manages print quality and control
- Coordinates the timely, error-free, and cost-effective production of all publications, including writing, editing, design, photography, and print and electronic management
- Provides editing eye for flawless final production
- Designs organization’s publications
- Designs ads and other public relations materials
- Monitors continuity of school’s graphic image
- Inputs data
- Creates pages as necessary
- Manages and edits photos for publications on website
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Fluent in the latest technology/software pertinent to the role (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Current in field of e-communications, social media, internet
- Exposure to graphic design principles
- Journalistic skills—the ability to tell the story
- Strong people and management skills Organized and proven commitment to deadlines
- Outgoing and inquisitive
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high degree of accuracy
This is an overview of the position but responsibilities are not limited to the above list.
Terms: Looking for an individual interested in a career in communications and marketing and has long-term employment goals. Compensation includes salary and benefits. Specifics on health care benefits and vacation will be discussed during formal interview.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest by March 1, 2013.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To see all other open positions at The Island School, Cape Eleuthera Institute, and Deep Creek Middle School, please visit the employment page of our website.